|Depopulation Choices Webinar
for August 22 Assumption
June 27, 2017As announced in the Depopulation: Policyholder Choice bulletin, Citizens has changed the depopulation process for all Personal Lines assumptions that take place on or after February 21, 2017. Since significant improvements have been made to this program, Citizens is conducting two free webinars on July 6 about the August 22 assumption to provide you with information about the new process and how it will benefit you and your customers.For the August 22, 2017, assumption:
- On July 3, Citizens will email a list of policies selected by National Specialty Insurance Company and Southern Oak Insurance Company to your agency principal. The email will be from Depop.Questions@citizensfla.com with a subject line of Policies Selected for August 22 assumption: <agency name>.
- Also on July 3, the agent of record will receive a PolicyCenter® activity called Depopulation Process Initiated for each policy that has been selected.
- Citizens will send affected policyholders a Depopulation Choices packet, including a Policyholder Choice Form, via U.S. Mail during the week of July 3.
- If Citizens does not receive the policyholder’s choice by August 10, we will assign the policy to one of the participating companies that selected it for assumption.
- Post assumption opt-outs no longer will be available.
Depopulation Choices Program Webinars
Citizens’ webinars will feature a presentation by National Specialty and Southern Oak staff, who will discuss their policies’ features and benefits and how their policies compare with Citizens’. They also will provide an overview of their services and support.
The webinars also will provide details about changes to the depopulation process, including:
- New customer and agency communications
- Process and submission timelines
- How PolicyCenter works with the Depopulation Choices Program
- Best practices for integrating these new processes into your agency
Register for a webinar via the links below.
||Participating Takeout Company
||Times and Registration Links
|Thursday, July 6
|Thursday, July 6
- These webinars do not provide continuing education credits for maintaining a Florida insurance license.
- These webinars do not satisfy Citizens’ biennial agent certification requirement.
Log in to the Agents site to access these resources:
- If you are unable to attend these webinars, Citizens will provide recorded versions on the Webinars Recordings page, which is accessible from the Training page, after July 7.
- Go to the Programs page è Depopulation è Personal Lines for additional information and resources.
If you have questions or need additional support, contact Agency Administration via:
- Phone: 800.737.5822, weekdays, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Email: The Contact Us feature on the Agents website
Webinar Registration Notes:
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org with an access link to the webinar of your choice. Depending on your email settings, this email may be directed to the deleted or junk email folder.
If you do not receive or cannot retrieve the confirmation email, you can access the webinar 15 minutes prior to the start time by completing the steps below:
- Reselect the registration link from the chart above.
- Enter the same email address and first and last names used when initially registering, then select Submit.
- A popup message will state that you already have registered, with the option to join the webinar.
- Select Join.
- Participants are encouraged to log in 15 minutes early to confirm connectivity. Citizens is unable to provide computer connectivity assistance. See the Adobe® Connect™ Visual Start Guide to ensure your computer meets the minimum requirements for the webinars.
Appointed agents can submit questions to Citizens by logging in to the Agents website and choosing the Contact Us link on the top of the website. Citizens should respond within three business days.